Center for Digital Scholarship and Curation
The Center for Digital Scholarship and Curation (CDSC) works with diverse sets of people, institutions, and groups to create digital tools, projects, public programming, and educational opportunities for the many publics the University serves with an emphasis on ethical curation and collaborative scholarship. Faculty, staff, and students engaged with the CDSC focus on meeting the unique digital challenges and needs the wider WSU community fostering inclusiveness and empowering partnerships. The CDSC provides support, outreach, and training for all faculty, students, and community members with a commitment to engage with Native American, Indigenous, and First Nations communities
Promote collaborations that use technology in ethically minded and socially empowering ways through meaningful partnerships with a commitment to foster long term relationships with Native American nations locally, regionally and nationally.
Enrich our modern land grant institution by promoting social justice in and through digital scholarship, research, and outreach.
The CDSC is committed to upholding WSU’s tradition of service to society by collaborating with, and providing support to, a wide range of constituents. The CDSC:
- Partners with Native American, Indigenous, and First Nation communities to support the ethical curation, management, and sharing of cultural resources;
- Collaborates with Plateau Tribal nations to provide digital resources and services;
- Provides in-person and online training and resources in digital stewardship, including the organization, digitization, and preservation of unique collections;
- Provides opportunities for faculty development of research and teaching agendas;
- Collaborates with faculty and community stakeholders to pursue external grant awards;
- Trains graduate students in the collaborative curation method;
- Assists scholars to explore new and emerging models of digital research, scholarship, publishing, and peer-review;
- Provides a forum for scholarly innovation and discussions between faculty, graduate students, and community members;
- Provides a safe, inclusive, hate-free space for collaboration, listening, and the thoughtful sharing of ideas.